This delivery truck is empty.
Start adding some amazing products!
By now we know you've heard from many businesses about how they are responding to COVID-19. We want to assure you that we are determined to continue connecting you to fresh, healthy, locally-grown food, while also modeling best practices to keep you, our food supply, and our staff safe.
While CDC, FDA, and USDA are not aware of any reports at this time that suggest that COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging, we’re working every day to make sure that our sanitation, food handling, transportation, and staff health and hygiene practices exceed requirements and demonstrate our commitment to a culture of food safety and quality. Here’s a little more about what we’re doing:
- We wash our hands frequently - constantly - and use gloves when handling food. All packing surfaces in our warehouse are food grade and are cleaned and sanitized before and after each use. We’re adjusting our schedules and daily routines to ensure plenty of time for intentional cleaning and disinfecting.
- Our reusable boxes are cleaned when they are returned, discarded if they show any signs of damage, and given at least a one-week resting period before repacking. Meat and dairy bags are cleaned and sanitized when returned, then given the same resting period. This resting period greatly exceeds the CDC guidelines for ensuring that viral transmission via surface contact isn’t possible.
- We have increased cleaning and surface sanitizing throughout our office, warehouse, and trucks. Our drivers wash and sanitize their hands and vehicles frequently, and wear disposable gloves during delivery.
- We minimize in-person interactions in the workplace and practice social distancing. While we’re grateful for the outpouring of volunteer support during this difficult time, we’re also requiring all volunteers to complete sanitation training and follow strict guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety.
- We offer paid sick leave to all of our staff, and make sure that everyone feels empowered and obligated to speak up and stay home if they don’t feel well.
We’re also communicating closely with our family of local farmers and producers to make sure they have the information and resources they need to ensure safe growing, harvesting, and transportation practices. Finally, we’re monitoring new guidance from CDC, FDA, USDA, and Virginia Cooperative Extension and adjusting our practices as necessary.
If you live outside our delivery area we have several pickup locations to choose from.
Still not sure? Give us a call at 434-293-3832 or Dave's cell 802-430-4883 and we will be happy to help.
Future delivery areas:
Future Pickup locations:
When you order perishable items you are agreeing to the following:
"I understand that if I choose to order meat or dairy items I am assuming the risk if I am not at home to receive the delivery. I understand that the items are delivered frozen or cooled and with some insulation however that these items are not meant to be left outside for long. I assume all risk once the order is left at my door"
Most of our farms have been in the family for generations and they are growing heirloom varieties the same way their grandfathers did. We strongly believe in supporting local farmers as a way to increase your health and the health of our local economy. By buying local, you're giving small farms the ability to grow, diversify and pursue organic certification.
We don't like when companies try to pull stuff over us and so we will not do the same to you. Here are some labels to look for:
NO SPRAY - The products that have this label means that the product was raised with zero spray.
ORG - The products that have this label means that the product was raised CERTIFIED ORGANIC.
LOW-S - The products with this label means that minimum spray was used.
However we do sell a few products especially over the wintertime that are very hard to buy Low-S, No Spray, or Org. These products would mainly be citrus. A lot of our customers love citrus and so we are willing to buy from Florida or CA for that. All these products will have the following label: CONV.
We are hoping to have an ORGANIC box in the future however there is no timeline for that yet.
From time to time - usually in the winter - we source products from outside our 150 mile radius. One example is the citrus items we source from Florida or California. These farmers provide excellent quality items that we are unable to get in Virginia. We have working relationships with local Virginia farmers who take apples and hay to Florida and return with citrus to sell. This way we keep as much of the profit and benefit with local farmers and can ensure quality for you. As always these items will be marked with the spray label and the origin. You always have the option to exclude such items from your order if you choose.
HOW IT WORKS
Please remember that you are subscribing to a service and will automatically receive an order if you do not skip, cancel or set up your preferences.
7-8 veggies, 1-2 fruits scaled to feed 2-3 people. This is also a great option for a single person to receive every other week (bi-weekly).
Small Family Veggie Box:
7-8 veggies, 1-2 fruits scaled to feed 3-4 people.
Family Veggie Box:
7-8 veggies, 1-2 fruits scaled to feed 4-5 people. This box is perfect for a good sized family.
Basic Fruit Box:
5-7 fruits scaled to feed 2-3 people. This is also a great option for a single person to receive every other week (bi-weekly).
Small Family Fruit Box:
5-7 fruits scaled to feed 3-4 people.
Family Fruit Box:
5-7 fruits scaled to feed 4-5 people. This box is perfect for a good sized family.
** Vacation requests must be set before Sunday at midnight for that week
THE BENEFITS OF SHENANDOAH PRODUCE
We offer lots of different items delivered right to your doorstep. No need to leave your comfortable house to go buy your groceries.
GIVE US A TRY!!
Most grocery stores buy in produce that is not yet ripe so it is still good when you buy it days or weeks later.
Our goal and motto is:
If we would not want it on our counter, neither should you and we won't send it to you!!